forZe coach: "We can adapt to almost any opponent"
The coach of the Russian team forZe, Anatoliy "liTTle" Yashin, summed up the roster's performance at the ESL Pro League Season 14 group stage, where his players secured a spot in the playoffs. In a comment to the club's official Telegram channel, he named five strengths and weaknesses of the team at the current championship.
Among forZe's strengths, Yashin outlined confident actions on anti-forces and tactical training, which allows to adapt to almost any opponent.
– The guys have gotten better at anti-forces. We almost never lose them anymore.
– Tactical training. The guys have quite a wide selection of tactics, so we can adapt to almost any opponent.
– Two young players – zorte and KENSI – who have not played at such a level before, yet perform extremely well in high spirits and inspire the rest of the players.
– Map pool. We have improved on the maps that used to be a weak spot for us. Besides, we've got six maps in arsenal, and many do not play on Ancient. This gives us an obvious advantage.
– The match against OG has shown that even when a player's monitor and mouse goes off, he is still beneficial to us!
As weaknesses, liTTle noted unsuccessful pistol rounds strats and the lack of experience in performing at the tier-1 level for two players of the squad, as well as a possible loss of concentration after fulfilling the minimum plan.
– Our pistol rounds. Unfortunately, they do not work at this stage. We thought and worked a lot, introduced a bunch of new tactics for all maps, but it did not work. This is a downside that must be fixed before the ESL Pro League playoffs.
– One of our strengths may as well become our weakness. Only three players out of the five played at this level, so unnecessary worries and nerves are there. We will also work on this.
– It's hard for us to play against teams that drag their feet and play at late timings.
– Excessive self-confidence leads to disturbing misses. The game against Sinners showed that this is inherent in us.
– We have already done the minimum program. Advancing to the next stage was our top priority. Therefore, the main thing now is not to relax after what has already been achieved, but to move on.
Let us remind you that forZe finished second in group B, having won four matches and lost only one. The Russian squad will start the playoffs, which take place next week, from the round of 12.