ESL have formed EPL Player Council
ESL has announced the creation of Player council, which includes the representatives of ESL Pro League partner teams: Astralis, Vitality, NAVI, Liquid, G2, Complexity, FaZe, mousesports, Evil Geniuses, NiP, fnatic and ENCE. The advisory group will be involved in all major decisions regarding the league, as well as have the opportunity to get more involved in the life of the league.
With this newly developed EPL Player Council the players will get the opportunity to:
- Learn more about the business side of the industry, understand how and why decisions are being made and get proactively involved in shaping the league.
- Advocate for change, improvement and set new standards within the ESL Pro League for all participating teams across the globe.
- Help improve the conditions for current and future players by setting standards which, for example, include PC set-ups, practice facilities, accommodation, transport, hospitality, comfort, preparation and performance.
- Openly approach the council with ideas, feedback and critique. We want to take our lead from the teams and redefine how players are involved in decision making.
The meetings are scheduled to be held at least four times a year to discuss the company's plans for the development of the ESL Pro League and issues initiated by the teams themselves. The first meeting took place at the end of last month, and the next one will be in May 2021.
"I’m happy to be involved in this new Player Council along with my colleagues from around the ESL Pro League. I’ve had a tremendous amount of respect for these players and coaches throughout their careers and it’s awesome to work with them on this project. It’s clear that both players and tournament organizers feel there is value in improving the lines of communication between the two parties. Similar endeavors in the past have struggled or failed to achieve their goals, and there is a very real chance that this can go down that same path. I find hope that despite the struggles in the past there are many who continue to see the value in developing a council such as this. I am cautiously optimistic that we can improve current conditions and identify new opportunities to align the well-being of the players with the growth of the Pro League ecosystem."Jason “moses” O'Toole, Team Liquid coach & president of the EPL Player Council
According to the press release, the composition of the board will remain the same for the next two years. However, the originally declared representative can be replaced if he or she no longer cooperates with the partner team.
- Image not found Peter "dupreeh" Rasmussen (Astralis)
- Image not found Dan "apEX" Madesclaire (Vitality)
- Image not found Andrey "B1ad3" Gorodenskiy (Natus Vincere)
- Image not found Jason "moses" O'Toole (Liquid)
- Image not found Nemanja "nexa" Isaković (G2)
- Image not found Jamie "keita" Hall (Complexity)
- Image not found Finn "karrigan" Andersen (FaZe)
- Image not found Torbjørn "mithR" Nyborg (mousesports)
- Image not found Wilton "zews" Prado (Evil Geniuses)
- Image not found Hampus "hampus" Poser (NIP)
- Image not found Andreas "Samuelsson" Samuelsson (fnatic)
- Image not found Joonas "doto" Forss (ENCE)