petr1k reveals his top 15 players in the first half of 2022
Ukrainian esports analyst Oleksandr "petr1k" Petryk has named the fifteen strongest players in the professional scene following the first half of 2022 in a video on his YouTube channel. The top 3 of the ranking featured Alexandr "s1mple" Kostyliev (NAVI), Mathieu "ZywOo" Herbaut (Vitality) and Nikola "NiKo" Kovač (G2).
When compiling the ranking, petr1k took into account a number of key statistical measures of players, which are used by HLTV.org as an indicator of esports athletes' performance following the results of a year. His selection methodology included the following individual parameters: rating at "elite" tournaments, rating at big tournaments, rating in the playoffs of big tournaments, rating against teams from the top 5 and top 10 of the world ranking, peak rating at big tournaments, number of matches played at big tournaments, consistency at big tournaments, overall rating for the half year and impact at big tournaments.
The table comparing the used measures of players is available in the public domain via this link.
petr1k's top 15 players in the first half of 2022:
- Aleksandr "s1mple" Kostyliev (NAVI)
- Mathieu "ZywOo" Herbaut (Vitality)
- Nikola "NiKo" Kovač (G2)
- Sergey "Ax1Le" Rykhtorov (Cloud9)
- Dmitry "sh1ro" Sokolov (Cloud9)
- Benjamin "blameF" Bremer (Astralis)
- Helvijs "broky" Saukants (FaZe)
- Denis "electroNic" Sharipov (NAVI)
- Valeriy "b1t" Vakhovskiy (NAVI)
- Håvard "rain" Nygaard (FaZe)
- Robin "ropz" Kool (FaZe)
- Ilya "m0NESY" Osipov (G2)
- Martin "stavn" Lund (Heroic)
- Nemanja "huNter-" Kovač (G2)
- Lotan "Spinx" Giladi (ENCE)