CSGO Update Blog Reveals AUG Nerfs and Celebrates 20 Years of Counter-Strike
CSGO update blog went live Tuesday evening celebrating 20 years of Valve's hit first-person shooter.
In honor of 20 years of Counter-Strike, Valve released a retro version of Dust II as a playable casual map. It's a nice nibble of nostalgia for fans out there wanting to recreate memories from 1.6. A Chicken Capsule was also made available for purchase in the client.
Although, while an anniversary celebration is nice, the biggest announcement was a weapon nerf. Here's everything you need to know.
CSGO Update Blog Nerfs AUG and Celebrates 20 Years of Counter-Strike
The AUG, a Counter-Terrorist rifle, was nerfed in Tuesday's release notes. A weapon most considered over-powered after its last major update, the change is a welcomed patch from fans. Here are the detailed updates to the rifle:
- Adjustments to the AUG to bring its utility more in line with other rifles
- Slightly reduced rate of fire
- Reduced accuracy while un-scoped
Players complained that the gun was too strong for its price point and had the added benefit of a small scope for precision firing at range. Now the weapon becomes more situational compared to that of the M4A4 and M4A1-S.
Valve also added quality of life fixes to Danger Zone, detailed below:
- Fixed an exploit involving duplication of items dropped by disarming another player
- Players in warmup spawn closer to their teammate
- Players in warmup now spawn with a random pistol