CS2 update fixes audio, effects, and improves matchmaking
Counter-Strike 2 Release Notes for 11/8/2023
– The visual and audio feedback from sub-tick input—such as movement acceleration and muzzle flashes—will now always render on the next frame.
– Random numbers used for shooting spread are now synchronized between clients and servers by default. This makes tracers and decals match their server-authoritative trajectories more closely. Note: Spread has been synchronized on Valve official servers since 10/14.
– Fixed a bug where pressing a movement key immediately after jumping resulted in an inconsistent jump height.
– Parties of four are now able to queue for Premier mode.
– Added vote-kick immunity for solo players who get matched on the same team with a party of four players.
– Adjusted the algorithm for re-establishing CS Rating after a period of inactivity in Premier mode.
– Reduced the maximum audible distance of grenade bounce sounds.
– Improved occlusion filter quality.
– Addressed issue where sometimes headshot dink sounds playing as feedback for the attacker could be mistaken for incoming damage.
– Lowered volume of sound for headshot damage with no armor from a victims perspective to bring it inline with volume of other headshot sounds.
– Changed jump land sounds to have the same maximum audible distance as footstep sounds.
– Changed volume falloff curve of jump landing sounds to better convey distance.
– Improved molotov extinguish effects to sound better when multiple are playing at once.
– Brought back spark sound feedback when bomb defuse is cut short due to player spinning.
– Fixed issue where at very close proximity, a victims death groan could be mistaken as coming from the attacker.
– Fixed a case where unsilenced M4A1-S did not have any distant gunfire sounds.
– Fixed clipping on bench in palace.
– Lowered the height of box on A site to match CS:GO.
– Improved performance of blood effects at close range.
– Improved bomb light visibility from back of bomb.
– Reduced muzzle flash during quickswitch from scoped rifles.
– Reduced the strength of the kill streak HUD effect after five kills.
– Added setting "tv_record_immediate" to control when CSTV demo file will start recording content. If the setting is enabled then content will start at the moment when tv_record is executed on the server. If the setting is disabled then content will start recording from tv_delay earlier.
– CSTV demos can now be recorded without delayed CSTV spectating enabled. Requires setting "tv_record_immediate 1" and executing "tv_record" at the moment when recording should start.
– Adjusted wear values of some stickers to better match CS:GO.
– Fixed a bug with workshop tools that would prevent light_environment from baking static shadows in some circumstances.
– Improved quality of 'Performance' HDR rendering mode.
– Enabling the upload of workshop maps for Wingman mode.